Which Home Care?
Which? have published an in-depth article about Which Home Care provider to choose and what things to consider when thinking about home care or live in care.
The article can be found here: https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/later-life-care/article/home-care-guides/how-to-choose-a-home-care-agency-aybXd9x8pg84
It lists some of the key challenges in finding the right home care provider as:
- Working out what type of support is needed
- Choosing the right company or individual to provide the care
- Finding carers who are compatible with the person who needs help
- Getting to grips with complicated fees and charges.
The Which? Home Care guide can help you think about how to prepare for home care and which provider might best suit your care needs. It suggests making a list of what you and your family want from a care service, such as:
- What specific activities do you need help with?
- How often do you want them to visit?
- What time do you want them to visit?
- How many hours a day/week can you afford to have help for?
Choosing which home care provider to go for can be a difficult decision and the Which? article is worth a read for anyone considering home based care or live-in care.