Live in care at Christmas
Our families face tough choices and potentially crippling isolation this Christmas holidays. What choices do we have to help them?
Christmas holidays can be very difficult during a normal year, for many reasons such as:
- travelling may be out of the question due to poor health or comfort,
- staying in other people’s homes without the necessary equipment can be tricky and
- keeping in touch can be an afterthought, so loneliness can occur.
There are lots of ways we suggest you keep in touch and keep positive this Christmas holiday period, and any other time of year. They’ll help your loved ones feeling just that, ‘loved’. Here are a few ways to keep in touch,
- Send a card. You don’t have to create a reason to send a card. A simple Merry Christmas or I miss you card at any point during the year will bring a smile to their face.
- Send some flowers. They’ll make them happy and look gorgeous at the same time.
- Drop off a hamper of luxuries. Food or toiletry luxuries would be greatly appreciated. When it’s just you at home it’s very easy to get stuck in a rut in regards to food. So send them some products you think they’d enjoy but not usually treat themselves too.
- Pick up the phone! One of the simplest options, but so easy to push to later and then forget. Find a way to get this into your schedule, call at the same time each week, make it a habit and your loved ones will greatly appreciate it.
- Send a text or email. If your relatives are tech savvy, then send them a text or email. Takes less than a minute and will be a lovely surprise for them.
However, as you know some loved ones need more than their loneliness tackled this Christmas. Some family members are fighting instability, dementia or just need some extra help in the home. In a year when it’s not possible for you to physically be there for them we would highly recommend you consider a live in carer or home carer.
Live in care vs. home care this Christmas
Both live in carers and home carers offer your relatives the chance to live the dignified life that they deserve in their own homes. The carers can help them with their every day care and chores all whilst giving them the social interactions that we all require. The difference is:
- Our live in care service is 24 hour care, where our carer lives in the home with your loved one and helps with any chores or services that are required.
- Our home care service is an agreed day or time in which our carers visit and help with chores or outings.
Both options give your loved one or loved ones (we also offer this service to couples) to continue to live independently and safely.
For more information about the services we provide, here, at Clarendon Live-in care or to simply discuss the best options for your family please do not hesitate to get in touch. The Clarendon live in care team would be delighted to help.You can call us on 0208 439 7722 or if you would prefer to e-mail us please contact us at email@example.com